Thursday 11 December 2014

Soda spring to Sierra city

I reached the road at 7.45, I knew it could be too early to get a ride. I had to wait 2 hours for a 3 miles ride....I would be quicker just to walk them.  I did my 2 days resupply and while I was chilling outside the shop a guy approached to me offering a ride back to the trail, yes please, I don’t want to wait another 2 hours. I did just 17 miles but it is ok with a resupply in the middle .



In the evening I heard some noise on my left. I saw 3 big rabbits running towards me. I got scare WTF, are they going to attack? 2 turned but the third just turn in the last moment before crash against me ....crazy rabbits. I had dinner with 4 section hikers by a river and after hiked 2 more miles up to the top of the mountain to camp again with a incredible sun set. The last two days had been very colourful and with many clouds.




This area is getting dryer and dryer. Look like we are getting into the dessert. Donner pass get the name when emigrants from the east try to cross into the west. They got trap by the snow in this pass and they finished eating each other.

I try to keep the average mileage over 20 but it is difficult with the resupplies. Adam and Ali found me having lunch. We catching up during the last days and we keep going, Jonny Cash and family with the lovely Daishy (the dog ) also pass me .


We found a trail angel note, “enjoy the gatorade......” We looked all around but nothing, so disappointed. We camp just before sierra city, I had a refreshing bath in the river, clear all the dust and sand before sleep, relax your legs in the cold water, just interrupted by snake summing around. All my life the snakes have been my terror, my nemesis. Still are but I believe I can handle the counters much better (after maybe 20). Adam invite to some Early times whisky before sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment