Wednesday 17 December 2014

Belden to Chester


google pic
In Belden we changed the plans. I though in a quick stop and go resupply but look like everybody stay for a party night. I went to owe lovely trail angel house to get my food parcel, lovely house it is. I went back to the party town put air in the Thermarest and jump into the river, need the wash up. In the evening part of the organization invite us for food, we brought some beers, look like pcters have a good reputation over here. They travel the country from festival to festival, they comment that PCT hikers are quite interesting, open minded, crazy and characteristic with some international. Always have good stories to share. I mean I think it is true....We have a library of non common stories.........Many hikers a lot laughs. We need those days just to chill.

I slept in the other side of the river. The house music test woke me up. UUUhhh my head... I crow for breakfast. I decided to escape. It was hot hot. All climb, The first part of the climb was burnt so I did not have any sun protection. I was hung over, dehydrated, full pack. I was sweating alcohol like a dog . Oh my god, long day is going to be ........I have to stop a couple of time for a nap to recover.

by Morgan

I did not see a rattle snake from the dessert but my colleges told me that they started to watch them again as we are in dryer low elevation location. Myself I was heading to rattlesnake spring when wow wow rattle on the right, shit!! it just moved between the rocks without make any noise....So true .... Rattlesnake Spring, the right dam name.
13 miles day all up. It was getting dark, I conquered the mountain. I cannot move more. I set camp and having dinner I started to see mice around, ok classic camping spot..I hung my food from by poles. I feel the mice jumping over me all the night.

I am getting closer to the midpoint of the PCT. At the end of the day I arrived without water to my next water source off trail. I rode a note that said “ I went down the valley 1 mile not water found, dry creek “  Another Water crisis ......turn back 4 miles, No !  keep walking maybe 10 miles?  too much. I have to risk and find that water or just bushwalking up to the road, finally I found that “dry creek “  a dig a hole, water, ok dirty water, let’s see if I find something better , but if you keep going you find the bloody nice water!! It happens already a couple of times. People put notes, it is appreciated but sometimes is wrong, don’t trust in this notes............People with this notes is giving nightmares to everyone .......



Next day I reached the half way point of the PCT Welldone ! I did not expect survive a week, and now I am here. Being realistic it is going to be difficult to finish it. I have to really push, I am doing it but I have to keep it like this and hummer down Oregon and Washington. I have a lot to recover.

When I reached the road I saw Rock- Ocean and Apache, We went for some pizza into Chester, I did not need food resupply, just Gas for the stove and pizza time. Stop and go today.

No comments:

Post a Comment