Monday 8 September 2014

Selden Pass

We got breakfast the 3 of us together and we start the long way down of Muir, plenty of JMT. We been frog - lapping all the morning. We reached one of the main crosses , Evolution creek. It was not much deal for low snow pack this year.  I show pictures of this crossing quite terrific carrying packs over the head.



I trade some food with Sea Hawk so I dont have to go to VVR for the resuply. I go all the way up to Red Meadows. I took the detour to go the Muir ranch, just to see it. This is a ranch in the middle of the mountains  where you can send your food. They charge you 50 dollars per bucket, they said it come by horse but I have my doubts as 4 x 4 are able to reach the ranch......

There was people that nearly run out of food waiting for the other people that have spare or too much. I charged my phone, have lunch and at 16.00 I started the climb . The first half mile is just vertical , it is a killer. I found another deer just seating by trail, chilling out. I camped close to the summit with many many mosquitos. One hiker woke me up around 22.00 with his head lamp. I am not the only one that do passes at night.....

No comments:

Post a Comment