Monday 1 September 2014

Kesarade Pass

I took Kesarade pass as I need to resupply, it is an exit from the sierras. I don't really want to leave as the sierras are much better than I thought. Kesarade pas is exit on style, full of lakes. On the way down full of day, weekend hikers. I just laugh when I saw those huge packs going up. I would like to take a picture with those guys with the Alpinelite frames. I can not believe people carry all that. I saw also some PCT hikers, always good to catch up.




at the bottom i met Rock - ocean who shuttle us to Bishop( 40 miles ) . Chilling in the hostel for 2 nights. The hostel has not pool and we are in the middle of the dessert, really hot .I went to the next motel if they have a day use pool fee.
- don't worry , you can use it.
I went to the Starbucks and got a Frapuchino to the front desk as a payment.....


It was difficult to leave Bishop. I got a ride up to independence and I was so lucky that a trail angel was just on the way up to the trail, so lucky and thanks if you are reading this.
I was late , I could stay in the camping and do the climb the next morning but after chill out in Bishop....I said : I go up( 18.00). I will not do this if I don't know the pass. Alone, I started the climb, I saw some hikers going down thinking  - is the guy doing it at dark.....yep
In the summit was completely dark. I put the warm clothes for the descent . I could see 1 light in the valley, by the lakes, there is were I am going to sleep. It was my reference. I camped in the first flat spot. Next day I woke up just 100 feet from the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment