Friday 29 August 2014

Sierras day 3



I think today is the latest that I woke up. Around 8.00 , 15 miles today. that is nothing.... Not much exaitment . I did not find any of the regular hikers, just a few that hike this area.

The best of the day was the chicken lake. It is the first one of many mountain lakes. I saw there what I think is a marmot.
During the day I got bored so I decided to do some cross -country, bush -walking




I saw some rangers fixing the trail. One thing that really surprise me today is the sand. There was a lot of sand doing a difficult advance. It was a easy climb into the lake and after a way down into the river. On the way I passed some nice meadows and the Siberian area. The valleys start to change into the granite mountains .


Very close to camp I saw a group of deers not very afraid of me. I had dinner with a couple that had been in Galicia, we were talking about bears, etc....

The pain in my knee is back after a few days ok. I was quite stupid yesterday pushing the way up like a crazy and today it pay back. I had to put the knee support at the end of the day.

I am living the food in a bear box overnight so no worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment