Saturday 30 August 2014

Forester pass

The way up to forester was quite easy but as spectacular as usual , with some lakes in the way up. I met a guy doing a few days trip. He did the John Muir trail 30 years ago. He said how everything look the same, the only difference said that there are more people. We talked about the gear in those times, how heavy was everything and how difficult would be the PCT in that time. When we realize we touch the wall, because Forester pas is a wall, looks impossible that could be a pass over there. The Forester service is who did it . they dig a path on the wall, a few switch backs .





Thanks god, there were not ice shot, everything was clear. I had some nightmares thinking in this location and the possibility of a fall. I saw some youtube videos of this and it is breath taking with snow..

wow the  north side of the valley in front, some snow but nothing crazy. Welcome to the High sierras!!!! this is crazy . Forester pass!!

I start the way down, ones that I get into the valley it get flatter and I saw a signage :

Check point ahead.
Be ready to present your Canadian permit entry
I saw the trail cut with the 3 flags : mexico, usa and canda

And a guy dress like the clasic canadian police show up.
Hi , I am a trail angel , please join us for dinner.
I couldnt believe, you can expect trail magic in any road that you cross, but not in the middle of the sierras. Those guys carry all the food over Kesarade pass, that is not an easy one, into the valley to feed the hikers.
We were there about 10 of us, hot dinner, whiskey and mas-mellow. They did breakfast also for us. Well done guys !!! and thanks.



great great day

No comments:

Post a Comment