Saturday 9 August 2014

2nd day in the sierras

This was by far the coolest night in the PCT finished with all the layers on, included the rain gear. The water filtration was frozen and not sign of bear activity. The group that I was the day before left before me. it was too cold to leave the sleeping bag.  During the morning I was alone and I was stooping all the time without take a pace. I was entertained with the acrobatic movements of the f-18 flying by during the morning. At afternoon I reach a river where I found everybody having lunch. they said the just arrived half an hour ago.it surprised me as I was slacking all the morning so I did not so bad finally. I did at lunch all my food calculations and I really can chill now. I can 15 miles in the next 5 days with the 2 big climbs, forester and whitney, both over the 4000.

A funny situation was also in the morning when I tried to open the bear canister and it was stock. I couldn't open it. I checked around and everybody had left..luckily a hiker show up and help me to open it. And the same happened tonight so cleaned all the seals to avoid this situation. Good camping spot with dockets and mountain goat.



No comments:

Post a Comment