Tuesday 24 June 2014

Road Detour

Some people is escaping this area as it is a road detour. For me, it remain me the Camino de Santiago, I don't mind to do it. I like sometimes to see the towns, to see the real deep America. It's when you can see this type of masterpieces, I think is quite Red Neck...:




Mail box


At midday I arrived when a huge group of motor bikers arrived to the town with the Harley s etc. Having lunch many people asked me about the trail. Will and Strangers show up to joint me for lunch. After We went to the store in front as we here that there was a register from PCT hikers from the 1977!!!!

We think in all the facilities that we have now....GPS , smart phones. The equipment must be less than half the weight in the time, and water reports hahahah, what about trail angels hahahah that must be really an adventure. What about if you check the register and you see a familiar... in the 70 ?? Now still is a challenge but much more accessible to everyone. 

1977 register



I hiked the last part of the day up to Hiker town with Will. We found a snake in the side of the road without any movement. Ok no Poisson one  It seems alive, very shinny . I watched enough National Geography documentary to know that was playing death...I throw small stone rocks , not move, more,  not move. I check with an stick, fuck it is death......





We continue passing ranches and mills until we arrived to Hiker Town. Everybody told me : uummm Hiker town is weird, difficult to explain . And it is true. Hiker town is a kind of donation hostel created with decorations of western films, so you sleep in the saloon or like that. The person in charge was a little bit to much for a Charity cause: Can I have my 5 dollar donation NOW for camp in my area. NOW!!!! I skip this place. I walk a few more miles and camp in the Mojave desert with Will. He did a few years ago so always is good to do this areas with someone with some experience.


hiker town



Tomorrow we cross the MOJAVE!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment