Tuesday 24 June 2014

Mojave . that town in mars

Mojave town. what could I say?  the first thing that call my attention is the airport with many aircrafts parking in the sand.  People explain me that the use this plane as a airplane parking.

the town is in the middle of nowhere. The sensation is that you are in mars surrounded of sand and some red mountains. It is difficult to breathe as the temperature rise with all the tarmac.  It took me 2 days to do all the resuply.  I was not able to shop and go to the post office ..

I stay in motel 6 with pool. thanks good. In this area quite a lot of military activity as there are a big base close by.

I got the new lamp and the rain cover for the pack. I bounce a few clothes. The tent also. I send it 150 miles away. I am tired of carried and never set it. I checked weather forecast and is ok.  I ordered rain pants and new shoes to kennedy meadows. Those shoes are starting to falling apart very quickly in the last days.

hours before I leave there was a big explosion follow by smoke in the airport. there were no casualties and the fire was controlled.




the best was the breakfast in dennys!!!by the way the Mcdonald that show up in the guides doesn't exist any more I believe. it has been knocked down.

Nothing else to report from Mojave town. I will always remember such a  characteristic place.

1 comment: