Tuesday 3 June 2014

Back to civilization

Everyday we are getting lower and lower and the heat going up. So I woke up around 7. The trail had plenty of this dog bush but I start to get bored of it so i start to get straight into it. Down down. At 10 am I reach a water point and also the rangers put a cache with sodas....o thanks a cold coca cola in this heat. I rest a little bit but I did not want to stay to long before the super heat. Ziana said she goes ahead , I stick with her. Too hot. During the time in Los Angeles mountains I forgot what is the desert heat. We have to keep going as there were to shade where to hide. Finally we get to the botton of a canyon with a dry river bed and some shadows. We had lunch in the middle of the bushes. Tinman an Papaya arrived in the hottest part of the day. Red and sweating. you are crazy, they keep going, they really want to reach the road where there are a properly camping with a small bar. Around 3 I started the way to the camping with Ziana and Swam. Whem we reach the bottom we had beers waiting for us and Tinman ordered some pizzas to the parking lot where we were, Sweet!!!


Break time !

After we went to the camping to hang out. We had a needed shower and we jump into the pool. Back to the desert for sure. The next 2 weeks are going to be like this. We need to switch back to early start with night hiking , siesta and late hiking to keep going. Next week also we got into the desert floor. We will cross the Mojave. That area is close for fires. There are all  over as has been 4 years of draught. There are two detour. People is getting 20 miles rides to avoid the road. The other possibility is  hike the los Angeles aqueduct , I don't know, maybe 20 miles. people said it is quite hard as no shadow and no water. I am in for Mojave night hike!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment