Tuesday 3 June 2014

Agua Dulce - The saufleys

I opened an eye and I saw Ziana preparing a pack . I looked to the the other side and I looked to swam. Yep let's run before the sun rise. By 8.00 we were sweating like crazy, I thought this is going to be hot day. We stop in the tunnel under a High- way, short break, we keep going to reach the Vasquez Rocks County Park where has been recorded the Flintstones and a bunch more of movies. Many day hikers and I think we missed the opportunity to camp in a spectacular scenery. 





In Agua Dulce is what is call Hiker Heaven. It's a family with a ranch that started to host hikers years ago. This start to grow and grow and now in the busy period they can have up to 50 hikers. Everything is well organized. They offer what we really need. Laundry, power, mail service, internet and a backyard where to sleep. The atmosphere is really good. there are a fire in the middle and people all around. This is the place to rest for 1 day and start to organize everything for the Sierras. 


Hiker Heaven




The town is like a western movie, full of horses, ranches and low houses. Time to get some real food and sodas!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your posts. you are very funny. you're doing great keep going hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete