Thursday 8 May 2014

Scissor cross to Warmer Spring

The night in scissor cross was good. It is the first time that we sleep without crazy winds. We started at 4.00 and we night hike to avoid the heat. I really enjoy and you get also a nice sunrise. This day there was a lot of people going up. It remained me the Lord of the Rings . looking for the third gate all the time throw steep slopes full of switchbacks.




We arrived at the top for about midday. Super hot. I found cover under a tree and did my siesta. Others keep walking. It was to much for me. During those days we are looking quite a lot military activity. Fighters fly over us doing acrobatics. very American.

The way down to barrel spring was quite easy but quite long. I saw another snake but not a rattle snake yet. The cam site is really good , very quite with water. We were around 20 people here.






Next day we woke up late , I mean around 7. The area was valleys long grass and cows. We were together butter fingers , love line and me. We had to fight a little against those cows to clear the trail. Some other hikers have had a hard time with those. And in mile 106 there are the rock formation call the eagle rock. We talk some pictures and after straight to warmer spring to get a hot breakfast after days of hiking. Charge , electronics, resupply, showers ...etc , logistic. When were ready to start walking I realized that I forgot my poles in the truck that gave us the ride up to the post office, Shit!!.

Loveline and Butter fingers left me us I expect to catch them later. I went back to the community center. They explain me that the person that gave me the ride would not be back until next day. Shit !
I was quite piss off for doing those mistakes. After an hour Rai, the guy that I did the first day arrived there. It cheer me up, we catch up a little bit about the last week.

We will sleep cowboy style just in front  of the community center.
Finger cross for tomorrow. I hope get the poles back.

1 comment:

  1. Dos entradas en un día...esto va cogiendo ritmo lost and found!!!

    ReplyDelete