Thursday 8 May 2014

Mount Laguna - Scissor cross

After resupply in Mont Laguna at 1600 m altitude where we were call hike trash !1 and we did some miles. This area was pleasant to hike as there were quite a lot of shadow. We saw many people running , apparently professional athletes come here for training for the altitude and solitude.


We landscape changed some quickly and we were able to the see the dessert just in the bottom. I keep walking with Laurent until sunrise trail head where there are a water tank for horses. We are planning the day always depending in the water points. At night arrived Loveline also and we made some dinner.




Today I lost 3 things in less than 3 hours: a peg, a water bottle and a map. I found another  peg at night in the camp, also the bottle at the bottle of my pack. It started to leak. Laurent gave a trail name that I think have sense : Lost & Found . Have sense and I have trail name. 

The night was super windy again and I couldn't sleep much. I woke up around 5 o'clock and I did some good sunrise pictures.









The way up to scissor cross was tedious and hot. When we arrived at rodrigez water point we found some people in a bad situation : burn, blister, bad knee dehydration. It was a hard day for all of us carrying with a lot of water. The last part was flat in the middle of the valley, very sandy. Finally we reach scissor cross. There was a water cache where we were able to top up our water reserves.

Now setting camp. Tomorrow we will wake up early to get altitude without the heat of the day . All the way up.


No comments:

Post a Comment