Friday 30 May 2014

Los angeles wilderness

No problem with bears at night. i woke up with sunrise . I had a nearly 3000 summit today so hard job. I had hot breakfast before the last push up ( oat milk...) I am loving my gas stove. i am carrying some extra gas just to waste it doing coffee and hot breakfast at all the times. The way up get harder and harder. It start to get really cold . In the top of the mountain was cloudy. I couldn't see much. You should  to have a good view of Los Angeles valley. I passed some good nice ridges between mountains. 



In the way down it start hailing so everybody running down. We refuge in the toilets of a camping . I met some other hikers...have lunch with them. After I discover that after a few hours it was snowing all over. What freak me out is that we discovered a rattle snake in the mountain , over 2000 meters in a cold day.....not very normal. We have to do a road detour because a closure of a section to protect some frogs.... 



Black swam, papaya and Tinman during detour

The walk through the road was a little dangerous as It was very foggy but I did with a great bunch of people. We decide to camp in a picnic area. It could rain in any moment and it was better to have everything ready with that risk. We prepare all the tents together as there was a hiker without tent ..We prepare a type of tarp with tyveck. After dinner the sun show up. 





No comments:

Post a Comment