Tuesday 27 May 2014

getting into Wrightwood


I did not sleep very well in that spot. it was quite windy. I woke up with the tent soak and the sleeping bag a little wet. I think is for the foggy wet clouds that move around the valley. I did not dry anything I just pack it.
The sun rise was quite good :

the camera use special filter for sun rise to get those colours....

I did not get the detour to avoid the dog poodle bush . This is a Bush from California which seeds can stay in the field for up to 10 years until there are a mayor fire. It is when they grow. This is bush has poisoned leafs that when big irritation when contact. There was enough to learn the physiognomy of the plant. Now I know for sure this plant. 

I fall sleep in the middle of the trail after lunch. I got always sleepy with altitude. A German hiker woke me up to check if I was OK....

I was thinking to camp in an area over the 2500 m . When I reach it I though no way I am going to sleep here. Too windy, too cold......No way no way. this is the first day that I am hiking with gloves and Jacket. There are an storm all around the area. I push 4 more miles. It was weird to reach a ski resort from behind ( the highest point ) not snow. It is closed.

Trail not very friendly today:




I hit the road and the person that stop was a trail Angel Jeff. Very nice person . He offered me to sleep in his house with some more hikers. No problem. At night we sat down all together in the leaving room. Nice experience. A trail Angel is basically a person that help hikers. It could bring some drinks or food to the trail, offer rides, accommodation.... It is part of the etiquette to leave a donation. 

Jeff house.





No comments:

Post a Comment