Monday 19 May 2014

Big Bear to Hot Springs.

I thought i will sleep well in a bed but it wasn't like that. I did not sleep much. We said bye bye to the owner of the hostel and head back to reality : the trail. The first 10 miles were quite hard , with many rocks and also with 5 days of food. On the right we have the view of the Mojave desert,I call it la nada.




The rest of the day was pretty easy . It is a continuous descent. In the mountains there are enough streams so I don't have to carry much water. You pass many areas that have been burnt . I now understand why the alcohol stoves are forbidden. 


I slept in a camping area with toilet , VIP place!!. Next day was 23 miles, all going down. Soon we got into the Mojave river, a canyon. really nice. A good surprise. It is a river in the desert with many beaches and places to swim . Finally I got into the hot springs. Termas by the river. Many hikers are taking the day off here. I slept on the beach. It is full moon so plenty light 



No comments:

Post a Comment