Wednesday 30 April 2014

Kick off!!

We wake up early to avoid the heat on the way up to the hill. Ones in top we show the lake morena where is the kick off. 




The kick off was really nice. Meeting many people. I got my new sleeping bag down 20 degree Zpack, sweet sweet!! a few more items. I passed the day in different conference about water resources, the dessert, the danger of the bears and the injuries. The speaker are through  - hikers that share their experience. It is nice that there are not right or wrong , everybody has their style but 1 l every 5 miles. No problem.

They forecast an storm during the night and it arrived. Before went to sleep i got extra peg to be ready. At 2 am it arrive , I was in the tent praying, ready with my rain gear to go out and refit pegs in case all fly out. At 5 am it stop I went to the toilets ....... It was everybody there , many of the tents collapse during the storm and they have to go to get refuge over there.






In the morning without much sleep I started alone. I got a few shower but nothing crazy. I met Laurent , with experience backpacking so good for me. The day was quite easy. we climb quite a lot but slowly. We camped just before Mont Laguna. Night was quite windy but the spot was quite good.






No comments:

Post a Comment